Connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi
Know about the useful steps to connect Canon printer to wifi.
The access points called as routers and hubs have got an automatic connection button as WPS. This button stands for Wifi protected setup.
This permits devices like the Canon printer for connecting the network without the requirement of entering the password. Use this for promoting the connection of Canon printers so that if your access point contains the WPS button you have to select the WPS connection method.
If the access point does not back the WPS button there are also alternative methods available to get the Canon printer for connection. You can choose the ‘standard connection method’ given for you.
Now, look at the several steps to connect Canon printer to wifi.
WPS Connection Method to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi
Before we begin there are some conditions that have to be met for you to use the WPS push button.
- The access point will have the physical push button available for you. You can push check with the user guide details.
- If this button is not present then see through the instructions given in the standard connection method
- Your network will use the WPA wifi protected access or in another way it is called a WPA2 protocol. Most of the WPS enabled access points will utilize this protocol
- Ensure if the printer is ON
- Hold the wifi button at the top of the printer till the alarm light flashes for one time
- You have to check if the lamp near to this button is starting to flash blue. You can go to the access point and click the WPS button in two minutes
- For the details regarding the WPS access, you can check the guide
- The blue wifi lamp on the printer will start to flash while it’s searching. The power and the wifi lamp will stop the flashing and will be lit.
Confirmation of Network Settings
To confirm if the printer is successful in connecting with the wireless network you can print the network settings out if you prefer
- Check if the printer is ON
- Load a stack of A4 size paper
- Hold the button Resume/cancel till the light flashes for fifteen times and then leave it. Now the information page of the network will print
- While you are referring to the printout you have to check if the “connection” is good. Also, check if the SSID that is the service set identifier, the name of wireless network shows the right name of the wireless network
This is the setup procedure for WPS. You can now proceed by getting the software to use your Canon printer.
Standard Connection Method to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi
- You have to place the CD that will come with the printer
- If no installation CD comes with the product or if you are a mac user please download the manuals and software to proceed
- If the screen displays press next
For the Mac users
- If the screen appears you have to type in the password to allow the tool to get installed and then press ‘install helper’
- If another screen appears then press Next
Check if the printer is ON and the light is on and tap next
- Firstly choose option ‘Connect to the network’
- If the following screen displays on the screen you have to click ‘Cableless’ setup. However, note for some users the ‘Cableless’ method is not applicable so you could choose ‘other setup’ method
- If the screen connection via Cableless setup appears you have to hold down the wifi button of the printer. Do it till the orange alarm light flashes for two times and leave it after the second flash
- Check if the blue wifi light flashes and the green power also remains lit. Tap next
- For other users without this process choose Wireless setup using the USB cable
- A screen will appear for you to choose the region and area choose the appropriate and tap next
- Now choose the software you like to install and tap next
- The license agreement screen will appear press ‘yes’
- The install wizard process will begin, click next
- Then the screen will display the model of the printer and name or SSID
- Tap complete
- This will conclude the Cableless set up in your computer
There are also other steps to connect Canon printer to Wifi, to know more please contact our expert team at https://www.canon-com-ijsetup.net/.