Canon Printer Setup and Installation
Call us @ +1-844-982-4357
Setup your Canon Printer by accessing the link Canon.com/ ijsetup
Canon is a Stylish printer and compact WiFi photo printer that neatly fits the house and consistently produces high-quality images. You can download the Canon Print app for free from the Google Play Store or Apple App store. With WiFi connectivity to your mobile devices, you can scan, print, and copy documents effortlessly.
Canon company releases new printers that feature superior technologies. These printers are compatible almost with all devices. Furthermore, setting up a Canon printer is a simple process that you may perform without difficulty by going to canon.com/ijsetup. You should be able to print with your Canon printer without any problems. You can print, scan, copy, and fax with the Canon printers without any problems.
When you connect via Bluetooth technology to the printers, you can get instant printer status updates and maintenance messages on your smart device. The other feature in Canon printers is the Cloud connection which allows you to print images and documents directly from the printer screen or the Canon Print app from social media. You can also print the documents and pictures from cloud storage such as Facebook, Dropbox, Google Drive, and Instagram. You can also upload scanned pdfs and jpegs straight to cloud services.
Unboxing the Canon Printer
This is the first step in how to set up your Canon printer
- Firstly, remove the Canon printer from its box, then place it on a clean surface
- Make sure to remove the plastic orange tapes around the Canon printer
- Discard the packing materials
- Thereafter using the power cord insert it into the printer’s rear and a wall socket, then turn it on
- Always, use the power cord that came with your printer to prevent damages
- Now remove the Canon printer cover to insert the ink cartridges or the toner cartridge
- Ensure not to touch the copper contacts or the ink nozzles
- Also, make sure not to bump them against the surrounding parts
How to Setup Canon Wireless Printer with USB Cable Connection
Do you want to know whether you can connect the Canon printer with the USB cable? Yes, you can join the Canon printer to your computer. It’s easy to connect the printer to the network, and a USB connection can instantly detect the computer’s OS. USB can improve the speed to increase the data transfer between the Canon printer and computer. It is also possible to share a printer across a network, allowing others to queue print tasks to the device. Wired printer connections are also more secure because they can only access while the computer is turned on. The USB connection is bidirectional, allowing printers to communicate data back to the computer.
USB Cable Connection
- At first, power on your Canon Printer
- Execute Canon Wireless Printer Setup to establish the network
- Now use the USB cable to connect the Windows device to the Printer
- The drivers will be automatically installed
- Navigate to the device control panel
- Select the option, Devices, and Printer
- Now find your printer with a green check mark
- Select and add your Printer
- Then proceed with the onscreen prompts
How to Setup Canon Wireless Printer Without USB Cable Connection
To install Canon Wireless Printer without a USB cable connection, follow the steps below
- At first, download and install the compatible Canon Printer drivers by visiting the appropriate website portal
- Click on the software setup file. You can view the onscreen guidelines that appear
- Choose the option, Wireless setup
- Go to the settings > Wireless LAN set up to find the Router access point
- Now make sure that your wireless Router is turned ON
- Select the network from the list that appears on your screen
- Now provide the correct password
- Wait for a few minutes until the wireless network connection is active
- You can now go to the settings, Devices, and Printers to add your Windows device.
Canon Printer Installation
- To begin with, load your Canon CD into your computer to start the installation process
- Otherwise, open a browser, then navigate to canon.com/ijsetup
- Thereafter click on the ‘Set up’ option
- Following this, enter your Canon printer model in the given field, then click ‘Go’
Canon Printer Driver Download
- Next, click ‘Download’ to download the software on your computer
- Open the downloaded file to begin your installation process by clicking ‘Start Setup’
- Subsequently, follow the easy on-screen directions as you proceed during the installation process
- Consequently, the software will detect your Canon printer and click on ‘Yes’ to confirm
Canon Printer Wireless Setup
- If your printer is in the easy Wireless Connect Mode, follow the steps below
- The list of available wireless networks will be displayed
- Select your network from the list
- After that, enter your wireless network key
Canon Printer Software
- Now the Canon software will download and install the necessary drivers for your Canon printer
- Finally, complete the Canon printer setup by following the easy instructions on your screen
- After the setup print a test page on your Canon printer and check its quality
- Ensure to register your Canon printer at the end of the canon.com/ijsetup process
How to Connect Canon Printer to Mac
Connect Canon Printer to Mac and start printing your documents at good speed and quality. If you do not know how to connect your device, follow the steps below:
- At first power ON your Canon Printer and Mac Device
- If your Printer is brand new, execute canon printer setup steps
- Then connect your device to the network
- You can navigate to the appropriate network settings
- Now to add a Mac device, go to the system preference settings
- Select the option, Printers and Scanners
- Choose your Canon Printer from the list and then tap on the Add button. You are requested to wait until your device is added.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Windows
If you are using a Windows device, the settings slightly differ. Check out the guidelines below:
- Connect your Windows device to the Printer using a USB cable
- Switch ON your Windows device and then navigate to the option, Devices and Printers
- Now it’s time to select the option, Add a Printer or Scanner
- Wait until the device detect your Printer
- Finally, select your Printer and go forward with the onscreen guidelines that appear
- Your Windows device will be successfully added to the Printer
- If you are expecting more updates, visit the URL, ij.start.canon
How to Download Canon Printer Drivers using website canon.com/ijsetup?
To manually download the Canon printer drivers, follow the steps given below
- Firstly, on your computer navigate to the usa.canon.com
- Next, select ‘Printers’ from the Product list
- Following this select your printer model
- Thereafter click on ‘Drivers and Downloads’ beside it
- The website will automatically detect your OS and display it
- If you want to change your OS, click on it
- After that, download the desired drivers on your computer
- Finally, install the drivers by following the simple on-screen directions
Canon Maxify printer can achieve the fastest document printing, consisting of an overlapping paper feed mechanism. This can support you in providing high-quality photos and images. Canon Maxify printer is stylish, sleek, and compact that can give you quality prints.
Canon Pixma printer is a series of wireless inkjet printer and is packed with features like wireless and cloud printing capabilities. This printer proffers a high-quality printing solution and can take full creative control of the images with Pixma.
Canon Laser Printers can provide high-quality graphics and texts. This printer can print fastly with the excellent design that is created for new group business. And it can produce super-fast prints and proffers Enhanced Security solutions with Advanced Usability.
Canon Selphy is designed sleek and attractive and consists of fantastic print quality. This printer can meet all your printing requirements and has a variety of print functions, and the user interface can provide you with fun-filled printing.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Install and Setup Canon Wireless Printer?
- Remove the printer from the package and connect the power cables to the printer
- Insert the ink cartridge to the ink carriage slots
- load the papers to the paper tray
- Power up the printer and enter the required basic information like the time, place and preferred language
- Once done, you can use the WPS method for the wireless connection
- Ensure whether both the printer and the router is capable of using the WPS method
- Then you can proceed the installation steps using either the windows method or through the Mac method
- It is always recommended to use the website for the driver installation.
How Do I Install Canon Printer Driver Via ij.start.canon
- The steps below can help you to install Canon printer software via ij.start.canon
- Power on your printer and computer
- Now visit the appropriate Canon Printer software download page
- Find the software and driver download section
- Provide the Printer Name and the version
- The software search results will appear
- Move the setup file to the required folder
- Click on the setup file
- Finally, execute the on-screen guidelines to complete the software installation process.
How to Connect Canon Printer to iPhone?
- Ensure that your canon printer supports the air print option
- If yes, then also ensure that both the printer and your iPhone is connected to the same wireless network
- Open the application that you wish to use from your mobile
- The list of application options are email, safari or ever note
- Select the image or file that you want to print
- To print the selected image tap on the app’s share icon
- Choose the printer that has enabled the air print option
- Add the printer to the application
- Choose the number of copies that you required
- And tap the print option and enjoy your printing experience with the canon printer.
How to Connect Canon Printer to WIFI?
If you prefer the secure wireless network to your printer then follow the WPS method for the network connection
- To use the WPS method, make sure that both your printer and the router is capable of the WPS method
- You can make sure by studying the manual to check whether your printer supports the WPS method
- Firstly, power on the WPS Push button on the printer as well as on the router
- Then after some minutes check that the light on the wireless option blinks.
- If yes, then you are connected to the wireless network using the WPS method.
Why is my canon printer not printing properly?
if you face the issue in printing then follow these steps and resolve your issues
- Check whether the paper jam has occurred
- Ensure the printing ink quantity has decreased
- If you are printing through the mobile, then make sure that the printer is synced with the mobile
- Additionally, check whether that the paper tray contains the fresh paper for printing
- Also, check that there are any issues in the software update
- Print the alignment page and check were the issues persist
Why Is The Canon Printer Not Responding?
- If the Canon printer is not responding, then check that the printer has lost the wireless connection from the router
- To resolve it you can restart the printer and enter the correct SSID and password to the network
- Now, check whether your printer is responding
- Check whether those issues persist after the software update
- If yes, then uninstall the software and re install the software
- Then also check that the printer gets the proper network, sometime the signal of the router may vary
- This can also cause the issue in the printer
Why can’t I connect Canon printer to Wi-Fi?
If you are unable to connect Canon Printer to Wi-Fi, let us help you to resolve the error
- At first, check and verify the credentials
- Verify the wireless setup settings
- Check if performing a device restart can fix the issue
- You can also verify the router settings
- Ensure that the Printer software is updated with the latest and new version.
Why Does The Canon Printer Go Offline?
- If your Canon printer go offline? then check whether that the printer offline option is enabled on the printer
- If yes then disable the printer offline option, that makes your printer go offline
- By these steps, you can enjoy the canon printing experience without any troubleshooting issues
Canon Pixma MG3600
Canon Pixma MX490
Canon Pixma MG5750
Canon Pixma G4210
Canon image CLASS D570
Our site provides device support services to the users. Our motive is to offer assistance with the setup and troubleshooting methods and procedures for the users to do it in the comfort of their homes. Users must go through the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies before making use of our services.